Friday 15 November 2013

RETROPOLIS...The Story So Far [+ FREE DL Retropolis tune]


I've decided to blog some true words from a very good guy (first of all) and a very talented producer and share his success & happiness with all of you involved on this NuRave Movement! 
BIG UP RETROPOLIS, KEEP IT UP MAN !


So.. This is what Retropolis posted few minutes ago on his official FB page (+ a freebie remix he did on Moby's 'Everytime You Touch Me'):


" I can hardly believe that a year has passed since I began a little project now known as Retropolis and what a fantastic year it has been.

From my debut offering Retropolis Vs Moby – Everytime You Touch Me last November, you have kept my winning remix of FLeCK - Higher in the TrackItDown.net breaks chart since it was released on Rave Style’e in May and the response to all my tracks and mixes over the year has been incredible.


March was crazy busy, being given the opportunity to remix a new release from Pianoman ft. Claire Challoner – It’s My Pleasure and 2 releases forthcoming on Kode5 Recordings -

Ecomomix – Panic (Official Retropolis Remix) & also Retropolis - Apex Ting hitting the download stores soon.

April saw Retropolis signed to US label For the Love of Breaks with the release of Hold Me Now riding the top spot on TrackItDown.net breaks chart for over a month. With support from GlowKid, the Strictly Nu-Skool blog and the GenerationX radioshow the reaction to the Retropolis Showcase in July was overwhelming.


July and August introduced the Retropolis & fitch:bass collaboration with Don’t Believe The Lies followed up by Nobody Does, you haven’t seen the last of this pairing. Also gaining support from two legends over summer, with a sneak preview of future Retropolis release Gotta Have Your Touch on The Flashback Project Summer Promo Mix 2013 and unbelievably the Funk and Filth: Mix of the year 2013 award nominated Sanxion - August 2013 bass/breaks mix featuring Hold Me Now and Gotta Have Your Touch (Flashback Remix), I was blown away.


September brought the For the Love of Breaks release of Retropolis – Only Begun to Love Ya! Again riding the TrackItDown.net breaks chart number one spot, closely followed by the Propaganda Music release in October of Retropolis – Gotta Have Your Touch - Original Mix (also reaching the number 1 spot) and Flashback (breaks) remix…….usually you’d be miffed about losing the top spot, but not when it’s a Flashback mix of your own track! Also October saw completion of my remix of Nicky Allen’s – Feel So Groovy, forthcoming on Rave Style’e.


Retropolis also received a fantastic review from the Funk and Filth blog, won support from the epic Kid Panel and Retropolis – Gotta Have Your Touch - Original Mix featured on DrumNBass.net received over 4,000 plays in just 3 days!


Just a few days ago I was stoked to find out Retropolis is joint winner of The Pooty Club – Kid Panel ‘Bumblebee’ remix competition, with my remix to be released on The Pooty Club Records shortly, the competition for this was fierce indeed! The Warehouse Wax – We Are Not Dead – The 3rd Chapter is now out for pre-order featuring exclusively another Retropolis track Get Choppy, featured on a mix CD by legends Vinyl Junkie & Sanxion (coming on the 7th Dec) and later available for download (16th Dec).


The year is not over yet so you can expect to see another release in 2013 on For the Love of Breaks with FYAYB, taking us to the end of this year and for the first time ever; Zone the Next Generation hosts a Retropolis live PA on New Year’s eve 2013/14.


Also in addition to this list, June launched a second collaborative project into the limelight introducing PureZone to the world as the Live PA of Soul and Body rocked Zone the Next Generation with more tracks and live performances in the pipeline, expect to see and hear much more from PureZone, with future collaborations with Italian House legends PierAdis Rossini and Pierre Feroldi coming in 2014.


Last but not least, true to my roots, Pianohead has been bubbling away in the background allowing me an outlet for my love of piano-lead old-skool breaks, with tracks Addicted to Music, Retropolis – Only Begun to Love Ya! (Pianohead remix) & Tellin’ Me which I will continue to do so into the future


I’m amazed by the props I’ve received from you all, without you none of this would have been possible, massive respect to all the producers I’ve had the opportunity to collaborate with, I can’t show enough gratitude to those of you who have kindly given me the chance to remix your work, and no words can express my appreciation for you guys who have blogged, bought and played my tracks.


So finally I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has shown me support, from my debut offering RETROPOLIS vs MOBY - EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH ME last November, right to the present, please follow the link to download this track free. "


You can download it from HERE   


RETROPOLIS

1 comment: